I am currently procrastinating, an attribute of mine that lands me in serious trouble on an every other day or so basis.
Somehow I still seem reluctant to give up my friend though.
Not the point of my blog…
Not too long ago a friend sent me a copy of Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts. It has been one of my reads during long public transport commutes (well, when I remember to take a book). I love her writing style, but I’m sure it isn’t for everyone.
What IS for everyone is the idea of waking up to the many blessings we each have in our lives. It’s about practically finding joy and fullness of life in the day-to -day moments by living from a place of gratitude.
Normally I am great at journaling, but this year for some reason I have barely even picked up my journal (pity I know). However I have started a notebook of gratitude as a reminder to be thankful and as a record to look back and remember just a few of the many blessings God grants me daily.
Here’s my partial list today: Today I’m thankful…
- for the ray of sunshine that warmed my body and gently woke me up this morning
- that the 178 marshrutka wasn’t packed like a sardine can today
- for the opportunity to Skype with Vicky and Vince Welch and see their beautiful girls that I miss so much
- for hearing God speak, even if it wasn’t something I wanted to hear
- for care packages filled with Starbucks Via
- for sweet grapes without seeds
- for a productive International Student Conference planning session
- for the calendar that my best friend made me and the AMAZING photo that greeted me when I flipped to November!
So that’s part of my challenge this November, learning thankfulness in every moment. What are you thankful for today?